High Point Central - Media Center
High Point, NC
ESPA created the design that converted the existing cafeteria (constructed in 1953) into the media center for High Point Central High School. The renovation included the construction of a 3,000-square-foot addition which allowed for the creation of a computer lab and professional development areas. The addition embraces the existing building features while incorporating contemporary design elements to express moving into the future. The interior of the building was gutted to create book stack and reading areas, staff offices, storage areas, an audio/visual production area, and a flexible use classroom. ESPA worked closely with Guilford County school staff on the selection of interior finishes and furnishings to create a media center that is now considered equivalent to higher educational facilities in the area.